Wednesday 1 December 2010

08:08......On the Piccadilly line from Heathrow T5 to South Kensington. Stayed at the Sofitel Hotel, Heathrow T5 overnight. This is not my usual route to the office and I'm surrounded by unfamiliar faces. Most of the commuters are travellers from Heathrow airport...... destination? Homeward bound I guess. The train is now full but not yet packed to the brim as we travel towards the next station, Boston Manor. I notice that most of the commuters are casually dressed. The young man sat beside me is watching a film on his 'HTC' mobile. More commuters embark at South Ealing..... the train is now PACKED!
Someone is on their mobile talking loudly but I cannot hear what's being said. Another person has loud music coming out of their iPod oblivious to the nuisance he is causing to his fellow commuters.
The train has now stopped in midflow....
"Blah! Blah! Blah!......due to red signal" male voice can be heard on the tannoy.......
I feel lost in transition as I, like the others, wait patiently. YES! It's on the move again. Disembarked at South Kensington station and headed for the District line to St James's Park station.
Westminister doesn't seem to have been affected by the heavy snow. It's like a different country! The cold chill is there but there's no sight of snow anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment