Monday 13 December 2010

Arrived at King's Cross concourse at 16:27 and the departure display for Peterborough is platform nine (the loser's platform). I walk the long walk slowly towards platform nine with time on my side. I am now sat next to a middle-aged bespectacled man dressed in jeans and a wollen jacket like zipped Cardigan with faux fur collar. He is engrossed in his paperback book. I stretched my neck like a meerkat and noticed that many of my fellow commuters are asleep......... Aaaaah! My next door neighbour has also been had by sleep deprivation and has join the sleeping group! Day has turned into night and all I can see out of the window are shapes of illuminated little and large buildings. The carriage is eerily silent; no coughing, no sneezing...... Just silence in the air. I'm being drawn towards sleep deprivation....... I WILL FIGHT IT! I will FIGHT IT! I will fight IT! I will fight it'........Snnnnoooozzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment