Saturday 4 December 2010

Stratford International was like a ghost town. There had only been three of us on the bus and I got chatted with a woman going to Ashford
"I think your train's from platform two"
"Thank you..... and have a good evening"
"You too"
I was told the expected time of arrival was 19:45
19:45 came and went..... 19:55 and I'm still waiting!
I took the escalators back up and spoke to the young male staff
"Do you know if there's been a delay to the 19:45? I asked
He looks at his watch then the screen in front of him
"It's running late"
"I f****** know that you twerp"(in my world)
"When is it arriving?"
"Any minute now"
"Thank you"
We exchange smiles and down the ecalators I go AGAIN!
20:05...... the (fast) train finally arrives
But I'm now in a fowl mood!
F****** slowest fast train I've known of
Should have, could have, would have taken the underground train if I knew......
Hindsight is all too well after the event eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment