Tuesday 7 December 2010

Victoria line southbound to Brixton station......... This is not my usual journey home
"This is Pimlico"........Doh! I've lost my thoughts...... Now where was I?
" This is Vauxhall....... stand clear of the closing doors"
"This is Stockwell"
........ As I was saying...... Not my usual journey home. I'm looking for a certain winter hat and I've been informed that I should check Brixton Market ....... Phew! Got that in before ..........
"The next station is Brixton where this train terminates"
State the obvious why don't you!
I am now sat on the northbound Victoria line heading to King's Cross
So........ Did I find what I was looking for?..... HELL NO!
Picture this..... Scene set........
"I'm looking for a certain hat"
"What kind? I have different ones"
" I'm looking for the Russian type...... You know, the one that's furry round it and sits firmly on your head"
"Yes......I have" He points and my eyes follow to where he points
"Where?"
"There"
The ones I could see were the furry hats with flappy ears
"No not that"
"Ah! But they are Russian hats" And continues to try to convince me
"No they're not!
I am not amused....... I walked off ignoring his pleads for me to buy one........
"Because it will suit you"
Yeah right........ My money suits to line my pocket a little while longer!
And then I found myself doing a U-turn back to the station
Brixton is not familiar to me but loud music can be heard coming from the shops around the Market
Euston station and it's 17:09........ Well I'm definitely NOT going to be on the 17:10 tonight!
Drat......... and double drat!

No comments:

Post a Comment