Thursday 9 December 2010

06:10...... Had a battle with THE BED and LOST. The thought of what lays ahead of me; the weather, the darkness and commuting this morning just didn't appeal to me much. Each time I tugged at the duvet, it seems to tug back. Finally kicking me OUT!
So I slammed the door behind me at 07:11 and begrudgely made my way to the station.
07:36..... Through the barrier, up the steps, across the bridge, down the steps and forward to the edge of platform four..... Within minutes the train arrives and invited us in. I managed to bag a seat next to a middle-aged Asian woman all wrapped up from head to toes.
"Excuse me please"
"Oooh yes"
"Thank you"
I took off my gloves, scarf and coat and as I was putting my coat up on the rack above.... I felt a tug on my jacket sleeve. It was my neighbour
"You may want to keep your coat on"
"I'm sorry?"
"They've forgotten to put the heating on today"
Aaaaaah! Now I know why she's all wrapped up.
"Thanks...... but I've just walked nearly two miles from home to the station and I'm hot"
Basically I was really telling her to mind her f****** business!
I sat down and she continued to chat away

No comments:

Post a Comment