Monday 6 December 2010

07:05.......Out into the cold frosty morning a little on the late side. I decided to take my time this morning and go for the 07:40 train to King's Cross.
My walk was much more steady than last week. I have put away my (ouch) hug boots and now wearing sensible walking shoes. The snow has melted, leaving the road and pavement clear - however the surrounding field and grass are covered with ice, looking white rather than green. Now standing on platform four for the now delayed 07:40 waiting for the train to arrive at 07:44. The tip of my fingers are like icicles ( hope they don't break off the same way!)
"Blah! Blah! Blah!.......platform alteration..... Blah! Blah! Blah!....... Now arriving on platform three"
"F***! F***! F****! As I turn heading towards platform three like the others! Why am I bothered about the platform charge?
Because I was right at the front of the orderly queue knowing that I had ninety nine percent chance of a seat but now...... now I'm at the f****** back of the queue!
In my world......
"Gangway...... I was first here so I should get on first!"
"Why off cause you should'" the othe commuters say in unison and they move out the the way for me.
The train arrives with a silly grin on it's face and I knew for sure that this morning I'll be standing all the way to King's Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment