Friday 24 December 2010

I'm sat on the 15:52 from platform ten at Kings Cross after succumbing to the Xmas last minute present shopping.........now at Stevenage........ Where was I? Every year I swear it'll be the year that I don't fall into this man made festive trap! Where people rush arround shopping for gifts for families they hardly see or speak with, spending money that they haven't got and (re)paying for it in the New Year! I bet if you were to stop and question some if these shoppers, young and old alike, about the history and why we celebrate this particular event......... Most will not have the foggiest idea!
Xmas has been spolit by self gratuity and much more ......... I'm going to stop in midflow ...... next station is Arlesey
Why am I stopping in midflow? I'm exhausted and feeling a tad low ( not really eaten properly since having a dodgy stomach)
It's getting dark now...... I have forgotten to wave goodbye to London until next Thursday ...... the next station is Biggleswade and no-one gets off my carriage
I glanced out of the window....... Darkness has truly formed as all I can now see is my own reflection staring back at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment