Tuesday 7 December 2010

06:57......out in the bitter wilderness. All wrapped up and ready to face the oncoming slaughter that lays ahead of me. As I walk towards the station I meet several other walkers: some walking towards me whilst others walk ahead. 07:23....... I enter the slightly warm station and decided to wait there and then go through the barrier around 07:35. Commuters enter the station with cold air blowing out of their mouths, like dragons home from a victorious battle. Like-minded commuters stand beside me and wait. Some have joined the two orderly queues: one for tickets, the other for hot drinks and a bite of some sort.
07:35......I go through the barrier and make my way across the bridge towards platform four and head straight to the platform edge. Annoucement is heard but inaudible but guessing by the actions of others, I turn and head towards platform three and wait. I can see the train in the distance...... and then...... it stopped, opened and slammed it's doors tightly. I needn't worry about not getting a seat, there were an handful of empty ones and I move towards the first available seat.
I now sat beside a thirtysomething woman in almost identical attire as myself: black trouser suit and poloneck
Woman in front is putting on her make-up. I do believe this is a train NOT an extension to someone's bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment