Thursday 2 December 2010

Made a BIG MISTAKE this morning....... I left home my normal walking time not taking the severe weather into account. Needless-to-say I missed the 07:17 and now sat on the 07:32 with one train buddy. It was like an assault course getting to the station WHY? Damn snow..... Looking nice and White and freshly laid, caresing and trickling down my face as I make my way out. I remember when I was young looking forward to getting out in to the snow but now.....now, I look forward to getting out of the snow into a warm place. Then I had an intimate relationship with the snow....... DOWN! DOWN! I fell! My arse and the snow united as one for a few seconds! I picked myself up and was in two minds as to whether I should turn round and go home or be brave and continue. I took the latter option and paid dearly for it! The snow wasn't satisfied with just one bonding as I took another 'arse' fall. My hug boots may be warm but don't do much for this snow. They're not 'hug' boots but 'ouch' boots, I thought to myself.
"Are you ok? Asked a voice in front of me.
"Yes thanks" I lied as I picked myself up and dusted the snow off my coat. In my world........
"Are you ok?"
"What does it look like? .......no I'm not f****** OK! If you're really concerned though, you can give me a piggy back ride to the station"
"Jump on"
In my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment