Wednesday 8 December 2010

There are pros and cons in arriving late to the platform: yes I may have been warm downstairs but now there are six commuters in the front of the orderly queue..... so my chance of getting a seat goes down to 'slim' or not at all!
The train arrives and as it slows it's speed, I had a quick look inside and see only a few vacant seats. The train stops, opens and I eagerly wait for the others to board and grab their seats before me. Needless-to-say I and a couple of the unlucky commuters, who have not find seats in the first carriage continue to move to the second, third carriages before striking lucky
"Excuse me please"
Young gentleman with eyes closed, wakes from his sleep mode, looks up at me, smiles and stands
"Thank you"
I sit, he sits and with folded arms, closes his eyes once again

No comments:

Post a Comment