Friday 10 December 2010

07:16........ Packed bag for tonight's girlie night with my female train buddies...... We're at Dover Street, near the Ritz hotel letting our hair down, painting the city with our glam, charm and doing what us girls do best........ HAVE FUN! Cos girls just wanna have FUN! FUN!
Ok let's flash back to the now...... 07:16.......journey to the station a tad later than previous mornings. I guess I can blame it on last nights shenanigans both at the bar, where my train buddies and I wined and dined, then later on the Peterborough train where some of us were a tad merry! I forgot to pack last night hence reason for leaving home late. I was still aiming for the 07:40 so I had four walking speeds; run, jog then fast walk and when out of breathe, even slower walk.......I got to the turning for Station Road, saw the Peterborough train pulling in, tried to run but my legs refused to adhere to my command
That train pulled away and before I had a chance to plead with my legs, I saw the 07:40 from St Neots to King's Cross train pull in at platform four and knew then I wasn't going to make it! I started walking slow for the rest of the way. I am now sat beside a lady in one of those puffy looking coat. Today is Friday...... The best day of a working week and many commuters are in informal attire....... Jeans day! I've just noticed a young lady clipping away....... I do believe she's in the middle of making some form of jewellery, she's got wires and wire cutters...... How w(e)ired!
Biggleswade station stop brought in more commuters but there were no seats left for the majority of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment