Thursday 9 December 2010

Southbound Victoria line's platform is packed but I'm not quite sure what the problem is. No train...... just commuters pushing by. Here comes a train...... It's in total darkness..... It stops and has a 'No service train' illuminated on it's side
"Blah! Blah! F****** Blah!.....due to defected train Blah! Blah!f****** Blah!..... Excuses after poor excuses! I wish I can get away with not paying my fares with excuses. First train left without me...... second train came and took pity on me, letting me into it's bosom........ At least it's reasonably warm inside this train. I'm train surfing today as there is standing room only. Legs apart, knees slightly bent and away I go........
"Mind my leg! Mind my leg!"
Shouts an elderly man sitting behind me with one outstretched leg
"I'm sorry"
I move slightly away so not to step on his leg
"Thank you"
Every stop he stood up to let commuters disembark and embark
Should have stayed home old man..... There could be tears before bedtime mate!
Victoria station arrives and I, like so many other commuters, disembark and walk towards the escalators, through the barrier and embrace the coldness of Westminister, London.
I did a detour on my way to work......Marks and Spencers to buy a hat. Any hat will do now that my head is feeling the cold. I really wanted to buy a Russian faux fur hat but hay hoy!
After looking at my many options, I decided on a red pillar box hat with a little side bow, queued up, paid and put it on my head. I'm quite pleased with my purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment