Tuesday 4 January 2011

Northbound Victoria line to Kings Cross. The platform is awash with commuters...... Commuters of all shapes, sizes, colours, ages and height. I was waaaaay at the back and had no chance in hell of getting on the first train. The train came and commuters disappeared into its mouth until there were no more space
I am now at the front of the already full platform. The train is still stationed with it's teasing mouth still ajar and I think ......... .......
Should I? Could I?
Nope! I decided against trying to squeeze in at the last minute. It finally closed and left, replaced minutes later by another one
Commuters disermbarked and I floated in, like many others, to the middle aisle...... the BO lovers' aisle!
Finally got a sit at Oxford Circus
17:27..... Kings Cross station and up the escalators I walked, through the barrier, up the steps...... more steps
I gaze up at the departure board....... Peterborough...... Platform five for the seventeen forty glared down at me
I follow the many commuters going towards platform five and embark at the usual carriage and sat beside a suited gentleman who is (e) reading from his Kindle reader

No comments:

Post a Comment