Monday 10 January 2011

06:55....... Had a pleasant wake up call from DOS man. It's a tad cold this morning so heating on to warm my cockles.
08:00...... a short walk to 'Raine' my reliable old fiesta (unlike 'Minty' my 'newer' Peugeot 206 - that hasn't got the same stamina) and off I drive to the nearest parking spot available within a walking distance to St Neots station
08:11....... Notice no-one standing at the front end of platform four so I walk towards it and take my place, first in the orderly queue that is naturally soon to be formed. The light has replaced the dark morning and I feel alert.
I am joined by a couple more of my fellow commuters and wait for the train's arrival......... and here it comes, on time, stopping a couple of metres away from me
A male commuter presses the 'open' button and gestures for me to go first
"Thank you"
"You're welcome"
The train is quite full this morning but I managed to get a seat
"Excuse me please....... may I?"
"Yes, of course"
It's a two by two ( which I hate due to lack of leg room!)
I take off my black 'work' coat, my scarf and sat beside a middle-aged bespectacle grey bearded gentleman

No comments:

Post a Comment