Wednesday 19 January 2011

07:04.......... Standing in the hub at St Neots station. It's too cold and too early to stand at the platform. Two queues have gradually formed; one for newspapers and hot beverages, the other for tickets.
07:10......... It's getting rather packed in the hub so I took the obstacle walk towards platform four........ First one at the usual spot (for a change), followered by my 'adopted' daughter, then long tall J, a newly converted train buddy, then the good doctor closely followed by another......... Six in all. The train arrives in time and although I was first in the queue, I entered third! We sat closely together and chinwagged all the way
A middle-aged facial haired gentleman sits besides me, with his laptop in the middle table, opposite directly in front of me, is also middle-aged with pepper grey hair. He has his MacBook on his lap tapping away....... Beside him is our newly converted train buddy fiddling with his mobile
The other group of four........ Sat three more buddies and a an unfamiliar face....... They are the 'paper' group......... Either reading newspaper or writing in diaries
In my world...........
There are two groups; the gadget group and the paper group
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment