Monday 10 January 2011

17:00........... Warren Street station and finally seated!
These two female (tourist?) commuters were standing up blocking two vacant seats
"Excuse me...... are you sitting?"
"Yes!"
And they continued to stand and talk amongst themselves in a language not familiar to me (Polish perhaps?)
I say tourist because they didn't seem to know where they wanted to get off. They were examining the underground tube diagram..... a minute or two later they seat and chat through Green Park station etc....... and just as the doors were about to close....... leapt out of their seats and out of the train at Oxford Circus......... and here I am, sat on one of the now vacant seats
Arrived at Kings Cross underground station at seventeen o- six and in two minds whether to rush for the seventeen ten but thought otherwise when I arrived at the concourse.
I saw a handful of latecomers dashing for platform one, had a quick glance at the board and confirmed it to be the train going to Peterborough ........ and followed suit
I am now sat at the two by two (de-ja-vu to this morning sitting)........ and a few carriage short to my normal one. I'm definitely not going to see any train buddies here!

No comments:

Post a Comment