Tuesday 4 January 2011

06:53......... A tad late start for my brisk walk to St Neots. I was flapping about and now I may miss the 07:17. I walked, then jogged, got a little breathless and walked again. I met my my 'bus stop' mate
"Happy New Year!" I shouted
"Happy New Year to you too!" She replied
"You're cutting it fine this morning!"
"I know!"
But did I?
Hell no!
07:15:43....... Through the barrier, up the steps, across the bridge, down the steps and presto..... the train is a couple of minutes lates. The commuters were standing on platform three instead of the usual platform, platform four. I spot three, four train buddies and walk towards them.
"Happy New Year!" said a female buddy
"Happy New Year!" chorus from the others
"Happy New Year to you all! I said and we chatted and exchanged our festive going on
"Blah! Blah! Blah!"......another platform change announcement. So platform four it is then
Then the train arrived and welcomed us into it's warm bosom and we huddled together and chatted more. Stevenage came and went without me knowing
It's still dark outside..... Something to do with the partial solar eclipse of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment