Friday 7 January 2011

08:00........Thank God it's Friday!
Why?
A bit of restlessness kept me awake until gone past one in the morning. I drove to a nearby street and parked. It's a wet morning so umbrella up to do what i bought it for......protect me!
08:09....... My short walk to St Neots station commences and by 08:14 I am stood at platform four waiting for the eight twenty fast train to Kings Cross. The arrival board is now showing 'expected 08:22'
Ok..... No problem, after all what's two minutes? I can deal with that! I wait at my seven seventeen spot (the other spot was already packed). Excluding myself, there are three other commuters alongside me. The arrival board is now showing 08:20....... so I guess the train is no longer going to be two minutes late.
Stevenage station brings in a handful of wet looking commuters
"How you doing?"
"Good"
"Had a good Xmas?"
"Yes"
And so pm and so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment