Friday 21 January 2011

16:56......... Waved goodbye to Westminster as I made my way down the steps of Victoria station. A crowd of commuters beckon me to join them and I begrudgingly do so! I walked down the moving escalators towards the northbound Victoria line. I see a train with it's mouth slightly gapping, teasingly as it begins to close......... then shut securely before moving away. I wait, like the other commuters, for the next train......... It arrives and let's us all in. There are quite a few vacant seats to choose from
I resigned myself to catching the seventeen forty
17:05............... Now at Kings Cross underground and running up the escalators taking my chance of catching the seventeen ten. I dodged through the barrage of bodies and glimpsed 'platform two'
Managed to get on the first carriage before realising that the carriage was in total darkness
"Blah! Blah! Blah!...........rebooting the train"
Followed by an excuse of ........ "If it's not done here, it'll only need to be done on our journey"
..........and we don't want that do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment