Monday 17 January 2011

..........Yep! I missed it! Now I'm standing at the concourse like a lemon, looking up at the giant departure board. The next fast(ish) train is the eighteen ten. I must be bored as I'm finding myself listening in to other commuters mobile conversations
"I'm at the station........ pick me up at blah! blah! blah! I bet she's talking to her husband
"..........top right hand draw........" Another married commuter
"........No I couldn't believe he said that either!" A he said, she said gossiper
Back to the exciting departure board............ Platform five for the eighteen ten so we did the quick quick step all the way from the concourse, to platform five to the usual carriage. I spotted our honorary female train buddy, the good doctor and 'Mr Grumpy'.
"Hello there"
"Hello"
I sat beside the good doctor and we begin to chat. Mr Grumpy is sitting directly opposite the good doctor
"Happy New Year" I said to Mr Grumpy as this was the first time I'd seen him
"Happy New Year to you too"
We were lost in translation as we chatted all the way to St Neots
 

No comments:

Post a Comment