Monday 29 November 2010

The train arrives on time and stops a few yards short of where I stood, opens and welcomes us in. There were plenty of empty seats so all rushed into the train doing a Right! Right! Right!...... we all went and there were enough seats for us all.
"Victoria line and Northern line are running on 'Special' today"
"Special?.....is that for 'special people?".....laughter erupts through our carriage. So far so good. There's no interruption to our First Capital Connect journey to King's Cross. Stevenage stop came and went.....King's Cross is heaving with hundreds of commuters both inside the concourse and outside. I make
my way to the underground entrance and join the growing queue outside the gate and wait to enter. Five minutes later and I'm inside walking down the steps towards the barrier and then the escalators......Southbound Victoria line to Victoria station......
A train has it's door's mouth opened and I thought luck was on my side.....but alas it was not! The train had been stood there for a while and was PACKED! I deccided it was better to wait for the next train than to attempt to get into this one......so I mentally waved it goodbye when it finally departs. The next train came soon after and I enter and stand. A male voice filters through the tannoy.     
"......where this train terminates at Victoria"
That's fine by me! The train is packed to the brim but I managed to bag a seat at Oxford Circus. The train has stopped in mid flow.....
"......waiting for the train in front to depart from Victoria station" annouced the tannoy...... with an appologise to placify us. I'm not looking forward to my return journey home!

No comments:

Post a Comment