Sunday 14 November 2010

The train arrives on time and stops a few metres away from us. I notice a few seat at our usual carriage and took my chance for securing a seat in the other carriage so...... Left! Left! Left! placing my bag on the first available seat next to a sleeping young lady. Off comes my jacket and scarf. Although I wasn't sat with the gang I can hear their voices albeit muffled.... My neighbour get off at Stevenage and was replaced by a bespectacled middle-aged man. He gets out his mobile...... a blackberry and begins to text. There a several commuters standing, a few sleepers, a few earplugged into the gadget of their chose, a few readers. There are no laptop users this morning but a few texters......tap! tap! tapping away with their fingers......an orchestra of texters!

No comments:

Post a Comment