Sunday 14 November 2010

Monday morning and ready for what the day holds for me. Slamming the door behind me as I begin my journey to the station, I am met with a bitter slap on the face..... Yes it's bitter cold outside and a 'Pea souper'
So three elements of Mother Nature.... Darkness. Fog and bitter cold temperature. 07:13 arrival at the station. The barrier mocks me as it swallows up me season ticket refusing to give it back. This is the second time it's happened. With time in my hand, I didn't panic.
"Sorry to bother you" I said to the ticket officer standing nearby
"I'll retrieve your ticket for you"
And as he proceeds to get his keys...... Out pops my ticket..... still mocking me.
"Oh there it is!"
"No worries"
"Thank you"
"No worries"
He smiles...... I smile and pass through the barrier grabbing my ticket as I do so. Platform four is buzzing. Only one train buddy.
We exchange pleasantries and within minutes another train buddy arrives and joins in conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment