Tuesday 16 November 2010

I'm standing near the concourse at King's Cross waiting for the 17:40 platform to show. It's packed. I continue to stare at the departure board willing there to be a sign. I look around me and a smile spreads across my face......
Why?
All around me commuters were doing the same, standing still with heads up.....all waiting for their (platform) number to come up.
Platform five shows for my destination, then......"Platform five for the seventeen forty to Peterborough" A female voice is heard coming out of the tannoy.
I glided towards platform five blurring with the sea of likeminded commuters. I walked towards the front of the train and entered my usual carriage.... Sat near the window beside a middle-aged gentleman. As I sat down I saw a male train buddy but couldn't be asked to be excused - my neighbour was reading his book. We exchanged pleasantries over the heads of other commuters. Another train buddy arrives and sits besides him. Again we exchange pleasantries and chatted about our up and commingled Xmas meal plan

No comments:

Post a Comment