Monday 29 November 2010

Platform nine (the losers platform) for the 16:40 is showing up at the main departure board so I make my way towards it with time to spare. I am now sat next to a grumpy looking old woman. She is continually fidgeting: searching her brown handbag on her lap, searching another larger bag on the floor by her feet, taking something out and munching then sticking her finger in her mouth and starts to use it as a toothpick eeeewwaaahh! She's now looking in her handbag again.... Both hands in her handbag for a while...... then out comes a digital camera and spectacles. She puts the spectacles on and begins to view photo snaps from the camera. The carriage is quiet and I stretched my neck to see why. Many commuters are asleep, others are reading their newspapers, one gentleman is watching something on his Apple Mac iPod.
I'm beginning to regret sitting next to Miss fidgety!
I have my fingers crossed and hope she gets off at the next stop otherwise I'm stuck with her until St Neots..... like Siamese twins!
"The next station is Biggleswade" says the annoucement and no sign of Miss fidgety getting off...... Wait...... She's ruffling through her handbang AGAIN.....and out comes receipts, approximately four and she looks at them one by one digesting every word.
I can't wait to get away! St Neots station doesn't come quick enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment