Sunday 28 November 2010

06:50.....Depart from the warm comfort of my home to confront the dark icy chilly white blanket covering the pavements in St Neots. Picture this......The six o'clock alarm screamed at me to get up and I stretched out my right arm searching in the dark for the 'off' button and managed to turn it off, rolled over intending to take advantage of my DOS man being around to give me a lift to the station...... then I remembered! Today is STRIKE DAY.... Courtesy of Transport for London's boss..........Mr Crow...... HUMBUG!
I lept out of my bed, switched on the bedside light and saunter my way to the bathroom. 
07:02.......Arrived at St Neots station, received a big hug and kiss from my DOS man and made my way begrudgingly through the barrier, up the steps, across the bridge and down the steps to platform four. Minutes later I was joined by one train buddy, two train buddies, three, four....nine of us all in all. We greet, we hug and chatted about; the weather, X factor and the weekend.
"I tried to take my plane out yesterday" said the one train buddy who was lucky enough to have his own small plane.
"What happened?"
"Well..... It took about half an hour to scrape the ice off the screen, but then the battery was dead!
"Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment