Wednesday 2 February 2011

Standing at platform four waiting for the eight twenty fast train to Kings Cross
"Cold this morning?"
"Very!" I replied, not quite sure whether it was a question or a statement
"Aye!"
The middle-aged grey haired gentleman begins to chat. He has a broad Scottish accent
"I don't actually mind this.....
"Oh!"
"It's the rain I don't like" And he continues to chat...... More a one-sided chat
Talk about verbal d*********+*!
"We've not long moved there" He says, pointing at the building site across platform four rail tracks
"Oh!"
"We're from Scotland"
I would never have guessed!!!!!
We talk about the fledging house prices, we talk about the extra bridge plan for St Neots's station, we talk about the price of train fares until the train arrives and I quickly got a seat, took off my coat, scarf and gloves

No comments:

Post a Comment