Tuesday 1 February 2011

21:20..........sat in the twenty one twenty two to Peterborough
Tonight I did a detour from St James's Park station to Green Park station
Why?
I was invited to attend the Japanese Embassy for an evening with Haiku poet, Japanese Cultural Envoy, Ms Madoka Mayuzmi 'HAIKU: The Heart of Japan in 17 Syllables....... An hour and a half of cultural discovery. Until recently, I had never hear of Haiku.
I love reading and writing poetry and getting an insight in something new, something different was so refreshing, invigorating to say the least
What is this new love?
Haiku.........by name
Short poem.......by nature
It's the world's shortest poem consisting of just 17 syllables
Yep! You heard..........just 17 syllables
In my world........Minimalism of all things
Minimanilism of Mother Nature and all that surrounds us
After the final recital, we mingled. They fed us sushi and watered us with white wine, red wine and juice

No comments:

Post a Comment