Friday 4 February 2011

17:52........ Departure watching for the eighteen ten
Platform two begins to flash and ........ the gauntlet begins
I found several empty seats and I mark one as my own, placed my handbag in the chosen seat, take off my overcoat, gloves and scarf and made myself at home
"Excuse me"
I looked up to see a middle-aged DIY man looking down at me
"Yes, of cause"
He's wearing a dark blue top and green army(esk) trousers...... covered in dried white paint
"Thank you"
"You're welcome"
"Oh!.....hello!" shouts a young man, sitting two sits away
"Hello" replies the young woman in front of me
"I didn't see you there"
She slides herself to the window seat and he sits besides her
The talk about their journey blah! blah! blah!
"Why are you still commuting from St Neots? Do you have a girlfriend keeping you there
"No"
Was that a fishing question?
Is she trying to find out whether he was in a relationship or what?
That's the million dollar question

No comments:

Post a Comment