Friday 4 February 2011

17:26........ Mad dash along the platform for the right exit carriage to Kings Cross
Why?
Victoria line from Victoria station is a no go area during peak time
Why?
A year long refurbishment on the escalators!
It's alright going in the morning 
Euston station next and the train is full but not uncomfortably packed
I am sat all the way
The train has been motionless for several minutes and it looks like I'm not going to make the seventeen forty!
17:37........ No movement...... No announcement!
F*** Transport for London!
17:38.......
Tick tock
Tick tock
"Ladies and gentlemen......."
Now what?
"Due to the faulty train........"
Here we go
"This train will now terminate here........"
F***! 
That's the seventeen forty out of the window then
And as I stand, one of many, I'm praying that I won't miss the eighteen ten
"........all good service on the......."
Laughter surrounds me

No comments:

Post a Comment