Tuesday 3 May 2011

Monday 2 May was also a holiday here......Labour Day (back home it's Bank Holiday)
So.........
Our host, my namesake and his partner picked us up very early and drove us approximately two hours to Hua Hin where we planned to stay overnight at. 
We chatted, we listened to music, we stopped to refuel both the car and our stomachs, stopping to walk through an historical market 
On reaching the hotel, I automatically switched on the television........surfing for an English speaking news channel (something I always do) and........
"Blah! Blah! Blah!......Osama Bin Laden is dead!"
I rushed out to join the others
"Osama Bin Laden is dead!"
"What?"
"Osama Bin Laden is dead!" I repeated
"How? When?" asked DOS man
"That's all I saw.......I don"t know if he was killed or what?"
So as you can guess, the subject that dominated our conversation through our evening meal was.........the capture, killing of the 'most wanted man' in the US
There are two questions on my mind..........
Is this the real reason the Obama's weren't 'invited' to THE wedding? 
Is this the real reason why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, like most newly weds, didn't go directly on their honeymoon?
What do I know??????
I'm just ordinary 'Joe Blogg!'

  

No comments:

Post a Comment