Sunday 8 May 2011

But not for long!
A young English couple were walking towards me and by the look on their faces I was going to be seated between them
"Should we swop seats?" I asked
"If you don't mind?"
And before THEY could choose I chirped
"I don't mind taking the aisle if YOU don't mind!"
"That's fine........thank you!
After a couple of seconds of shuffling we sat down
"Is this your first trip?" I asked,
Small talk is so civilised!
"No......... said the twentysomething woman
.......... I was here in two thousand and one" she continued
"You?"
"It's my third time"
"we were island hopping, swimming and diving"
She mentioned the islands......... they were not familiar to me
Where did you stay this time?"
" In Bangkok"
"My husband and I did the island hopping ourselves eighteen months ago........
"Where to?" she interrupted
"Phuket, Krabi, Phi Phi,....to name a few. We also stayed in Ao Nang"
We continued with the small talk; myself and the young couple. They seemed pleasant enough. The important thing was........... They knew when to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment