Saturday 7 May 2011

DOS man arrived at the hotel for our lunch time date.
"Ready for lunch sweetheart"
"I'm famished”
So off we went, hand in hand, downstairs to the hotel restaurant where we were guided to our seats
“Sawadee Kha” said the waitress
“Sawadee Kha” I replied as she sat me down
“Khob Khun Kha” I said as I sat down moving the chair nearer to the table
“Sawadee Krap” said the waitress to DOS man
“Sawadee Kha” replied DOS man as he made himself comfortable
We were handed both the drink meal menu
“Khob Khun Kha” 
“Khob Khun Krap”
Did you notice how ‘Kha’ and ‘Krap’ are always added to a dialogue? Well it really depends what sex is the person being addressed and the sex of the addressee..........
Kha is attached to the end of a dialogue directed to a woman and Krap is directed to men (as a politeness gesture)
“Song ice lemon tea kha” DOS man ordered two ice lemon tea
DOS man ordered spicy seafood salad and I ordered fried rice ‘Tom Yam’ with lemon grass and prawn




No comments:

Post a Comment