Saturday 30 April 2011

We touched down at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok and I wait in line to disembark from the plane. 
Mother Nature welcomed me to Bangkok......... by the intense afternoon heat but I was not complaining. We were promptly directed through the 'foreign passport' then to the 'luggage' carousel to await our luggages.
DOS man was waiting for me at the arrival
"Hello sweetie" he said, followed by a huge hug and big kiss
"Hello to you too sweetheart" I replied as I gave him the trolley and followed him to the new State Railway of Thailand (SRT) station adjacent to the airport. I said' new' because the last time I was here was two years ago (actually two years in August) with my family: DOS man, No 1 and No 2 daughters and one special little man (my Munchkin) ....... and SRT was not yet in use or built.
The State Railway of Thailand is the official Airport Rail Link that facilitates the transportation of passengers from downtown Bangkok to Suvarnabhumi. Our stop was the last stop, Phaya Thai, eight stops in total and all of thirty minutes from start to end of our destination
The station stops were as follows;
Lat Krabang station - which is located on Romklao Road near king King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang.   
Ben Thap Chang station - which is located north of Ban Thap Chang railway station.
HuaMak station - which is located north of Srinakarin Road
Ramkhamhaeng station - which is located on Ramkhamhaeng Road near Klongtan Intersection, two universities (Ramkhamhaeng and Assumption), and to my delight.........department stores within a radius of two point five kilometres 
Makkasan station - which is located approximately four hundred metres away from Bangkok City Air Terminal (BCAT)
Ratchaprarop station - which is located where the Ratchaprarop Road crosses with Nikom Makkasan Road
And the final station, Phaya Thai  - which is located on the east side of Phaya Thai Road 

No comments:

Post a Comment