Friday 29 April 2011

More fast backwards........ Thursday, work until late afternoon, met No 2 daughter at my new office and walked together to the nearby Loch Fyne restaurant. I ordered monkfish and king prawn Thai dish (well, this time tomorrow I will be in the heart of Bangkok so I might as well start as I mean to continue). No 2 daughter ordered duck on a bed of vegetables.
We got lost in conversation
I washed my meal down with a glass of Chardoney (house white wine) before making our way to Covent Garden station for my journey to Heathrow terminal three for my flight to Bangkok (Thai airline)
After saying our last farewell, I went through to the departure lounge and waited to board the plane.
An hour after taking off, a male air-host(ess?) came up to me
"Special meal?" he asked
"Sorry?" puzzled look on my face
"Special meal? You ordered?"
"My husband booked.......he must have ordered the special meal......yes!"
He handed me a tray with an array of goodies
"Thank you" 
I was slightly embarressed as I was the only passenger to be served first
"Lucky you" said my next seat but one neighbour
"Yes, ain't I just" I replied as I tugged at the lids of whatever 'special menu' was awaiting me
Salad for starters followed by salmon on a bed of vegetables as my main meal and fresh fruits for my dessert.
My DOS man never ceases to amaze nor surprise me.
A mental 'thank you' was said as I tucked into my feast
   

No comments:

Post a Comment