Tuesday 5 April 2011

Last night I watched an horrific programme! So scary it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up
What could have had that effect on me?
well I'll tell you........
The programme?
Panorama.............yes, Panorama, hosted by Fiona Phillips
'Finished at fifty?'
Fiona Phillips, previously from GMT......... She interviewed three 'virgin' unemployed people; one woman and two men and explores the road ahead for them and every fifty something previously employed British workers. They talk about their long-term unemployment and the road back to work. All three previously had reasonably good jobs; teacher, financial manager and.........forgive me......... his job title has escaped me (senior moment eh!)
It scared and sadden me to know that these people, in their prime are treated badly, so many job applications, so many rejection letters...........We talk about NO DISCRIMINATION of any sort!
This DISCRIMINATION is AGEISM!t

No comments:

Post a Comment