Tuesday 5 April 2011

An embarrassing event occurred on my underground tube journey from Victoria Station to Kings Cross
Picture this....
I jump on the northbound Victoria line and settled down for my journey to St Neots.........nothing wrong with that
The train stops at Green Park letting in several commuters then I spot a 'pregnant' woman
"Do you want to sit? I asked, offering my seat
"No thank you, I prefer to stand
We exchange smiles
Oxford Circus arrived bringing in more commuters and the pregnant woman is standing
Warren Street station and an empty seat next to me becomes vacant and pregnant woman sits besides me
She leans towards my right ear and whispers.....
"I'm not pregnant!"
"I am soooo sorry!"
By now I was embarrassed and could feel the heat rushing to my face
Not quite sure which one of us was more embarrassed!
Kings Cross couldn't come fast enough

No comments:

Post a Comment