Wednesday 22 June 2011

18:10..........platform one and sitting next to Mr Grumpy, a train buddy
We exchange a few unpleasantries before settling down to me reading the 'Evening Standard' and him reading (from his 'kindle')...... 'Sherlock Holmes'
Across to our left sits two other train buddies (the love birds)
Apart from the wind bellowing into the carriage, there is silence all around
An overheard scenario.......
Woman enters the train and man sitting at the two by two seats smiles at her and she smiles back at him
"Excuse me please" he says to a man sitting on his own with a vacant seat besides him
"Can we swap seats?"
I hold my breathe
"No........ I cannot stretch my legs sitting there" he replied
He stands for the woman to sit beside him....... Nothing further was exchanged
Well...... He had every right to be sat there so good on him!
Those two by two are awkward

No comments:

Post a Comment