Thursday 26 January 2012

08:34............ Waiting for the eight thirty five
08:35........ Train arrives, standing room only
I got off at Stratford and after alighting from going up the steps, going down some more steps, I make my way through barrier and join the queue to 'top up' my monthly oyster card 
Why? 
My monthly oyster card is for zone one to three and Hornchurch is zone six
"Sorry to bother you..... I'd like to top up my monthly oyster card' explaining further the reason why
"I can only top up the minimum of a fiver from here, otherwise you have to use the machines over there"
"I'd like a top up please"  
I pass a ten pound note and my oyster card through the gap and exchanged it for a five pound note, my oyster card and a receipt
"Thank you"
Through the barriers, up the steps, down the steps and onto the next available Jubilee line train from platform thirteen

No comments:

Post a Comment