Sunday 4 March 2012

The morning after our return from Phonm Penh, DOS man booked two days of activities........
Tonight is dinner, dancing and cruise on the river and tomorrow, a day at Pattaya beach, swimming and sunbathing galore

Our return to Hong Kong was not as pleasant as the first time round
Pea souper comes to mind but alas it's not Mother Nature but 'Man made fog' due to polution
I was also stopped by immigration.........
Picture this......
Just gone through the 'Transfer' route and oblivious to what was ahead, a little man of Hong kong descent stopped me in mid step
"Passport! Passport!
By this time DOS man was three passengers ahead of me......... With my passport
I put one foot in front of the other and was just about to call him.........
"Passport! Passport! Retorted the little man, his left hand outstretched, preventing my passing
I pointed at DOS man and said.......
"My husband has my......... And before I could finish my sentence, a even tinier, little woman  of Hong kong descent jumped out of nowhere, at my right side
"Passport! Passport!" She mimicked a fellow countryman
I now have two little 'Munchkins' blocking my way
For s split second, I thought I was going to be the cause of 'World War 111'
" She's my wife........ I have her passport!"
DOS  man to my rescue only now they had both of us in their sight
"Passport! Passport!...... For you too!"
So there we were, both handing our passport for scrutiny!
Yes.........Scrutiny!
Out came this tiny microscope....... And not a wonder passed their lips nor ours as our passports were inspected..........with a fine tooth comb......... To be returned with no 'PLease' or 'Thank you'
"Thank you" said DOS man
I uttered no words....... No words were deserved
In my world........
The initial 'Passport! Passport!' would have been a 'Hung' 'Drawn' and 'Quartered' action

No comments:

Post a Comment