Wednesday 24 August 2011

Standing on the platform at Embankment station waiting for the District line train........ The circle line train arrived first, stopping, inviting me into it's opened mouth. I mentally declined the invitation and it sped away
A minute later the District line train arrives and it encompassed me into its warm embrace. I am spoilt for choice of where to sit

I've just had a stupendous evening at Brown's, in Covent Garden.........with wonderful colleagues, to celebrate mine and a younger colleague's birthday
A few months ago myself and my young colleague were talking and..........discovered not only did we share the same birthday, twenty eighth of August but our partners shared the dame birthday, twenty fifth of August.......how weird!
We talked, we shared personal history and as the drinks flowed, we became merry

The train has passed; Temple, Mansion House, Tower Hill, Aldgate East and Whitechapel
'This is a District line train to Barking' announced a female voice on the tannoy
'The next station is Stepney Green
There's a young woman opposite me, she has loud music blasting out of her headphone..........she's being 'Head f*****!'

No comments:

Post a Comment