Tuesday 9 August 2011

18:03............standing at the platform waiting for a District line service from the Embankment

My mind wonders to the escalating violence going on locally........ Rioting! Looting! Buildings on fire.......And no, I am not talking about Libya! I'm not talking about Afghanistan.......I'm talking about: London (Hackney, Walthamstow, Croydon, Oxford Street), Birmingham, and many more cities!

My mind wonders back to the present time as the train whisks pass and stops several metres away, welcoming me into its rather empty belly
I have several choices of where to seat
The train stops at Temple station then Mansion House, totally ignoring Blackfriars...... Canon Street, then Monument, Tower Hill........ Aldgate East station is like a ghost town, unlike the stations before it
Whitechapel next (Jack the Ripper's Manor, many moons ago)
This station too is humanless (could it have something to do with the Madness that encumbering our sometimes peaceful space?

No comments:

Post a Comment